This year marks the 26th Anniversary of Earth Day! The Squamish Environment Society is working with students from Quest University to plan events for that weekend.
On April 22 (10:00 am to 3:00 pm) we will be hosting a number of community groups at Junction Park including Squamish CAN (Climate Action Network), Squamish Trails Society, Squamish Streamkeepers, EagleWatch, WildSafeBC Squamish, My Sea to Sky, and Howe Sound Biosphere Region Initiative.
Some of the activities we have planned include:
- Bird Walk (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) with Marcia Danielson in the Estuary
- Seed Library Orientation (10:00 am – 10:30 am) at the Squamish Public Library
- Gardening workshop (11:00 am) with Barbe Hinde at the Squamish Public Library
- EagleWatch presentations at the Adventure Centre Theatre: 11:00 am til noon and 1:00 pm til 2:00 pm
- Self-guided Nature Scavenger Hunt with prizes (Saturday April 21 as well as Sunday April 22)
- Clean-up activities with prizes in support of Pitch-In Week
- Live music by Quest students
- Upcycling and repurposing workshops
- Trash disposal and sorting workshop
Photo: Squamish Estuary with double rainbow by Vanessa Isnardy