In the northeast corner of the community garden at Highway 99 and Mamquam Rd. you’ll find a quiet spot worth visiting from spring through fall. Our pollinator garden has evolved and matured over the past ten years, with a combination of cultivated and native plants.
Volunteer in the Garden
Volunteers ready to weed for an hour or more are always welcome. Donations of pollinator-friendly plants are welcome too. For a list of some native plants we welcome, please see here. Here’s a more extensive list of suitable plants to donate to the garden.
Please complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form if you’d like to help.
Enjoy the Critters
Here are some of the critters we’ve seen in the garden:
Pollinator Garden Resources
- How to create a pollinator-friendly garden (David Suzuki Foundation)
- A list of suitable plants for a lower mainland garden in BC (Pollinator Partnership Canada)
- Attract butterflies with native plants — Western Canada (David Suzuki Foundation)
- Pollinator Habitat Kit (available at Squamish Publish Library)
- How to Make a Bee Garden (Squamish River Watershed Society/Michaela Max Barrett blog post )