YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THE SQUAMISH ENVIRONMENT SOCIETY AGM for 2017, at the Brackendale Art Gallery on Sunday November 26, from 7 to 9 PM
7-8 PM Feature Presentation: “Stories From the Estuary: Turning Monthly Bird Surveys Into Assessments of Change”
Guest speaker Quest University Professor Kimberly Dawe, PhD will give an update on her project using SES monthly bird count data to assess changes in Squamish estuary bird species composition, abundance, and/or distribution over time. Hear about how our citizen scientists are contributing to academic research.
8-9 PM Business Meeting
Links to the various reports are included below and we invite you to read these in advance. To avoid a lengthy meeting (and to give us a chance to visit and enjoy ourselves!), the content will not be repeated at the AGM, however the topics will be discussed and voted upon as necessary.
- Approval of Agenda and 2016 AGM minutes
- Welcome by the Chair
- Financial Report (full report | highlights and analysis)
- Membership Report
- SES Program Updates
- → Squamish Birders
- → Nature Outings
- → Biodiversity Squamish
- → Purple Martin Nest Box Program
- → Eagle Watch Program
- NEW! Zoe Evamy original acrylic painting Along the Mamquam (at right) – donation for fundraising project
- Voting: *
– New Executive
– Changes to the Bylaws to comply with the Societies Act now in effect in British Columbia (see Special Resolution and a document which highlights proposed changes in the Constitution and Bylaws)
* Only members may vote. All memberships are due for renewal at the AGM.
Banner image: poster by Carl Halvorson. And for those of you who can’t read the fine print upside down, here’s what Science Kitty’s list says: