Our project has been designed to incorporate fine-tuning our plan as we proceed through each phase. Activities anticipated for each future phase are listed below.
Connectivity Modelling and Biodiversity Conservation Strategy (2023-2025):
- Deliberative dialogue and participatory planning workshops to inform the assessment of habitat connectivity and to identify opportunities for conservation.
- Identify habitat core areas and prioritize connectivity networks for focal species.
- Use assessment results to inform development of a Biodiversity Conservation Strategy.
Conservation Tool Development (2025-Onwards):
- Work with Local and Regional Governments, First Nations, and other organizations with a mandate and agency to take actions that enhance biodiversity conservation in our region.
Adaptive Management (2025-Onwards):
- Ongoing evaluation to ensure adaptation as new information becomes available.
Photo by Brian Aikens: a Black Bear (Ursus americanus) sow and her two cubs foraging in early spring, Squamish Valley.