The frenzy of Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone and Christmas is now on the horizon. This holiday why not consider alternatives to buying new?
We love this image from Just Little Changes that suggests how we can give to others while reducing our impact on the environment. Some ideas below!
- Buy someone a membership to Squamish Environment Society ($20 single, $25 family)
- Share your nature knowledge with someone who wants to learn
- Join the Biodiversity Squamish Project with a friend – and make a standing date to go exploring
- Become an estuary ambassador. Encourage trail users to leash their dogs, leave vegetation in place, and stay on trails, to reduce impacts to estuary wildlife
- Help a friend remove invasive species from their yard, or Naturescape their garden to provide habitat for birds and butterflies
- Donate to SES, or become an Eagle Watch Sustaining Partner. Your donation helps us educate visitors and school children about the interconnection of eagles, salmon and the forest ecosystem. Tax receipts available for donations over $20.
- Sponsor a purple martin bird house to help recovery of this blue-listed species Suggested donation $20.
- Give an SES, hand-crafted chickadee bird house to a friend. Suggested donation $10-20.
- Buy a go-anywhere shopping bag, hand-crafted in Squamish by SES from re-claimed fabric. Suggested donation $10-15.
- Buy an Estuary Meadows limited edition print, by local artist Zoe Evamy. Special holiday price $50. All proceeds support Squamish Environment Society
Please contact us to inquire about any of the ‘By Donation’ items.
And remember – we are surrounded by gifts everywhere we look!